About Liberty Bank
Mutually owned and established in 1825, we're a full service financial institution that believes communities are built on kindness.
Established in 1825, Liberty Bank is the oldest and largest independent mutual bank in the country. With more than $7 billion in assets, Liberty has 56 banking offices across Connecticut and one in Massachusetts. As a full-service financial institution, Liberty offers consumer and commercial banking, cash management, home mortgages, business loans, insurance and investment services. Named ‘Top Workplace’ by the Hartford Courant every year since 2012 and designated a 2021, 2022 and 2023 Best-In-State Bank in Connecticut by Forbes Magazine, Liberty maintains a longstanding commitment to superior personal service and unparalleled community involvement.
Liberty Bank: Our Impact
To improve the lives of our customers, teammates, and communities for generations to come.
To build the Community Bank of the future.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Be Community Kind
We know kindness starts with us, and we’re not here just to make today better for our neighbors; we’re here to make our neighbors’ lives a little better for the future. Maybe that's why we've been recognized by Forbes as one of Connecticut's best banks.
In Your Community
See how we're spreading kindness in your community.
At Liberty Bank, our most important asset is our people. They make all we do possible. That’s why it’s so important to surround ourselves with the right people who embody our values and vision.
Our colleagues always go the extra mile to spread kindness throughout the communities we call home. From exceptional customer service during banking hours, to community service and acts of kindness outside of them, Liberty Bank teammates bring our values to life.
Our Board of Directors
Members of Your Community
- Mark R. Gingras, Chairman - G&G Distributors, Inc.
- Doug Anderson - Retired, Savings Bank of Manchester
- William T. Christopher - Retired, Lawrence Memorial Hospital
- Jean M. D’Aquila - D’Aquila Law Offices
- David Director - Connecticut Lighting Centers, Inc.
- David W. Glidden - Liberty Bank
- Steve J. Gorss - Owner/Operator Incredible Motels, Inc, West Hartford, CT
- Chandler J. Howard - Retired, Liberty Bank
- Wallace Jones - WJ Financial Advisors, LLC
- Susan Martin - Middlesex Health System
- Wilfredo Nieves - Retired, Capital Community College
- Elsa Núñez - Eastern Connecticut State University
- Kolawole Olofinboba - Fairview Capital Partners
- Timothy Ryan - Retired, Town of Wallingford
Executive Leadership Team
- David W. Glidden - President and Chief Executive Officer
- Troy Damboise - Executive Vice President, Chief Operational Risk Officer
- Dan Flynn - Executive Vice President, Chief Credit Risk Officer
- Audra Hamel - Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer
- Dan Matos - Executive Vice President, Chief Legal Counsel
- Jeremy Miller - Senior Executive Vice President, Chief Lending Officer
- David Mitchell - Executive Vice President, Digital Bank GM & Chief Digital Officer
- Robert Parry - Senior Executive Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer
- Minnie Saleh - Senior Executive Vice President, Chief Retail Banking Officer
- Hope Utterbeck - Executive Vice President, Chief Information Officer
- Paul S. Young - Senior Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer