Stay prepared with a Health Savings Account
Don't have money set aside for medical bills? A Health Savings Account (HSA) helps you save for the cost of future bumps and bruises.
If you're enrolled in a high-deductible health insurance plan, an HSA lets you put aside pre-tax dollars for future health care expenses.
There’s no minimum balance to open an HSA account with us. You can make contributions at any of our locations, or through your employer via payroll deduction. You’ll get a Liberty Bank HSA Debit Mastercard® to pay for your medical expenses at your doctor’s office or pharmacy.
Here’s what makes Liberty Bank’s HSA different:
Take advantage of the benefits of a Health Savings Account
Health Savings Account Rates
|Account Balance||Interest Rate||APY1|
|$2,500 - $4,999.99||0.20%||0.20%|
|$0.01 - $2,499.99||0.10%||0.10%|
Rates are effective as of December 6, 2023.
- The Interest Rate and Annual Percentage Yield (APY) are as of the effective date and are subject to change without notice. Subject to 1099 reporting. Fees may reduce earnings.
If you can answer yes to each of the following statements1, you are a candidate for an HSA.
- I am covered by an HSA-eligible High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
- I am NOT covered by another health plan
- I am NOT enrolled in Medicare
- I am NOT claimed as someone's dependent
Self coverage only: $3,650
If age 55+: $4,650
Family coverage: $7,300
If age 55+: $8,300
Self coverage only: $3,850
If age 55+: $4,850
Family coverage: $7,750
If age 55+: $8,750
For more information, please review the IRS Publication 969 (PDF).
You can make payments at the pharmacy, at your doctor’s office or upon receiving a medical bill the following ways:
- With your HSA debit card
- Via electronic bill pay using Liberty Bank's online banking or mobile app
- With cash – just be sure to keep your receipts for tax-filing purposes
- With a HSA check
- There’s a lot to know about qualifying for and effectively managing your account. Please see our HSA FAQs for details and then consult www.irs.gov for additional information. Liberty Bank does not provide tax, legal or investment advice. If you have any questions on these matters, please contact a qualified accountant, attorney or investment advisor.
Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.