During the months of April and May, applying for a mortgage at Liberty Bank offers more than a great rate and superior service for applicants: it also helps homeless people throughout the area served by the bank.
Liberty’s Giving Circle program sets aside $100 for every mortgage application received by the bank during April and May, and then divides the accumulated funds among local agencies that provide emergency or transitional housing for homeless families and individuals. As of 2017, the total donated through the 23-year-old program rose to almost $549,000.
“As new homebuyers celebrate a milestone in their lives and current homeowners refinance, they’re also holding out a helping hand to someone with no home at all. A very satisfying ‘pay it forward’ moment,” said Shirley Theriault, Senior Vice President of Liberty Bank’s Retail Lending group.
Giving Circle funds for 2018 will be granted to the following nonprofit organizations:
- Bristol Homeless Shelter, operated by St. Vincent DePaul Mission of Bristol, Inc.
- Friendship Service Center, New Britain
- Prudence Crandall Center, New Britain
- Salvation Army Shelter, New Britain
- The Eddy Center, operated by The Connection, Inc., Middletown
- Middlesex Family Shelter, operated by Columbus House, Middletown
- New Horizons Domestic Violence Shelter, operated by Community Health Center, Middletown
New Haven County:
- Christian Community Action, New Haven
- Columbus House, New Haven
- Emergency Shelter Management Services, New Haven
- Liberty Community Services, New Haven
- New Reach, Inc., New Haven
- Safe Haven of Greater Waterbury
- Salvation Army Emergency Shelter for Families, Waterbury
- Shelter Now, operated by New Opportunities, Inc., Meriden
- St. Vincent DePaul Mission of Waterbury
- Umbrella Center for Domestic Violence Services, Ansonia
- Wallingford Emergency Shelter, Wallingford
Greater New London:
- Always Home (previously Mystic Area Shelter & Hospitality)
- Covenant Shelter of New London
- New London Homeless Hospitality Center
- Safe Futures, New London
- Bethsaida Community
- Martin House
- Thames River Family Program, operated by Thames River Community Service
- Holy Family Home & Shelter
- Windham No-Freeze Hospitality Center
In addition, Connecticut homebuyers with pre-approval applications that go under contract on or before May 31, 2018 will be eligible to receive a $200 closing cost credit toward their Liberty Bank mortgage*. Credit applies to first mortgages only; Connecticut Housing Finance Authority (CHFA) loans are not eligible. Please contact a Loan Originator for Liberty Bank’s mortgage specials.
Established in 1825, Liberty Bank is Connecticut’s oldest bank, with more than $4.7 billion in assets and 55 banking offices throughout the central, eastern, and shoreline areas of the state. As a full-service financial institution, Liberty offers consumer and commercial banking, home mortgages, insurance, and investment services. Named as a “Top Workplace” by the Hartford Courant for six consecutive years, Liberty maintains a longstanding commitment to superior personal service and unparalleled community involvement.
*All loans subject to credit and underwriting approval
Member FDIC Equal Housing Lending NMLS #459028