Academy for Small Business
You have a vision. And our Academy for Small Business is designed to help you achieve it.
Small businesses are at the heart of our communities. And the fewer barriers there are to your success, the more we all thrive. That’s why Liberty Bank offers the Academy for Small Businesses (ASB), a series of free classes that help business owners feel more confident about unleashing your earning potential by equipping you with the tools and knowledge needed to grow.
The more you know, the more you'll grow.
While the ASB offers small business owners this comprehensive training program, Liberty Bank is offering a $5,000 line of credit1 to qualifying small business owners in CT and Western MA who complete the program! The ASB is all part of Liberty Bank’s effort to support economic growth and spread kindness in the communities we serve.
Each session is 10 classes. There are typically two classes each week, spread over 5-6 weeks. All classes are held virtually.
- Starting October 16: Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-8 p.m. in partnership with SCORE Hartford
- Starting October 24: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-8 p.m. in partnership with SCORE Western MA
- January 25 to February 27: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30-7:30 p.m., in partnership with WBDC
- February 26 to March 27: Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-8 p.m., in partnership with SCORE Hartford
- March 5 to April 11: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-8 p.m., in partnership with SCORE Western MA
- May 5 to June 10: Monday and Wednesdays from 6-8 p.m., in partnership with SCORE Hartford
- May 21 to June 29: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8-10 a.m., in partnership with WBDC
- June 4 to July 11: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-8 p.m., in partnership with SCORE Western MA
- September 10 to October 10: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8-10 a.m., in partnership with WBDC
- September 30 to November 4: Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-8 p.m., in partnership with SCORE Hartford
- October 1 to October 31: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-8 p.m., in partnership with SCORE Western MA
To register for an upcoming session, please complete the Registration Form (PDF).
Questions? Contact Pam Days-Luketich at (860) 704-2489.
Banking Services and Credit Reporting
Discover which small banking services are best for your business.
Understand and select the organizational type of business that most accurately describes your business.
Learn how time management can vastly benefit the efficiency of your business.
Financial Management and Record Keeping
Explore how financial management practices can help keep your business running smoothly.
Planning for a Healthy Business
Discover the importance of planning as an essential competency of business ownership. This process includes business planning and developing a day-to-day action plan for operating your business.
Understand common risks associated with small businesses and how to develop an effective risk management plan.
Help protect your business through an overview of, and the necessity for, the types of insurance for small businesses.
Explore how taxes affect your small business, both positively and negatively.
- Business owners must commit to participate fully, attend 10 classes, and submit an application to qualify for a small business line of credit of $5,000. Must have or be eligible to open a Liberty Bank business checking account from which all interest and/or principal payments will be automatically debited. Must have a minimum Trans Union FICO score of 600. Must be in good standing with all federal, state and local taxes. The business or any of its owners must not have filed for bankruptcy in the past five years and through the closing of the ASB loan. Neither the applicant nor any of its owners shall have been subject to indictment, criminal information, arraignment or other criminal situation, including being arrested in the past six months and through the closing of the ASB loan. Business owner must provide documented support for funding need. Eligibility for the line of credit is valid up to 30 days after completion of the final class. Additional terms and conditions apply. Not a commitment to lend.